Congratulations on your engagement! In the hope of helping to build a solid foundation for an enriching life-long marriage, couples beginning immediate preparation for the Sacrament of Matrimony in the Diocese of Davenport will participate in the following preparation activities:
1. Initial personal interview with the priest, deacon or pastoral minister. Please contact your parish as soon as possible to arrange for this first visit. You will need to allow for at least 6 months to complete the marriage preparation process.
2. Completion of an approved Premarital Inventory (set-up through your parish):
3. Follow-up meetings as determined by the minister.
4. Participation in a Marriage Preparation Instructional Program:
- Sponsor Couple (preferred option) – check with your parish
- Approved Diocesan Marriage Preparation Workshop – see dates below
- Approved On-line option (only under special circumstance – requires parish approval)
5. Participation in an approved Introductory Natural Family Planning Instruction:
Click here for a listing of NFP instructors, videos, and approved NFP online classes.
6. Completion of the pre-nuptial investigation form (with minister).
7. Post-wedding couple contact plan.
Click here for a summary sheet of these requirements.
We pray that your time of marriage preparation will be filled with grace and growth!